The California Scholarship Federation (CSF) is a Statewide honor society. Students apply each semester during the third week of the semester, and have one week to complete their applications. Terra Linda High School has between 100-150 members each semester.
Spring semester Freshmen may apply and are considered adjunct members. Eligibility is based on a point system. Students need 10 points and can use only 5 classes (PE and TA do not count) to meet this requirement. 7 of the 10 points need to be in Academic classes: An A = 3 points, B = 1 point. If the class is Honors/AP: A = 4 points, B = 2 points, (you can only use 2 of these points). A grade of C does not count for any points, and a D or F disqualifies you for that semester.
CSF Students must also complete at least 5 hours of community service per semester. We earn our community service hours by:
- Working every Pride Day at TL
- Volunteering as tutors in the Peer Tutoring program
- Peer tutors go to Venetia Valley to tutor in V.V.'s 'Student-to-Student' program
- Underclassmen (including the freshmen) put on the CSF Honor Banquet for the seniors
What do students get out of CSF?
- The Life members get a superb dinner banquet in their honor put on by their underclassmen with beautiful certificates and pins for their achievement.
- They wear the cords at graduation and get their names announced.
- They get a gold seal on their diplomas
- CSF Life or 100% Life is indicated on official transcripts
- Many colleges have CSF scholarships if you are a life member.
- Life member: 4 semesters (soph - senior) with one semester as a senior
- 100% Life Member: 6 semesters (soph-senior)